2 pounds fresh cherry tomatoes
8 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella cut in 1/4" pieces
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Cup fresh chopped basil leaves
3 garlic cloves minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill a pot for the pasta with about 6 quarts of water, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half. Put the tomatoes in the serving bowl you’ll be serving the pasta in.
3. Add about 2 tablespoons salt to the boiling pasta water, put in the spaghetti, and stir until all the strands are submerged. Cook until al dente.
4. While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, and basil to the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper.
5. When the pasta is done, drain well, and toss it with the ingredients in the serving bowl. Cover the bowl and let stand for about a minute to allow the cheese to melt a bit. Uncover the bowl, toss one last time, and serve.