July 21, 2014
nothing like a good crisp!
This time I had some nectarines and peaches in the fridge.
I just sliced them and covered them with an oatmeal crumb
to make a delicious dessert. One the screams comfort food!
Truly delicious when eaten warm out of the oven and with vanilla ice cream.
July 19, 2014
June 28, 2014
June 27, 2014
June 26, 2014
I love quinoa and simple recipes.
This salad is easy to make and delicious. Just mix cooked red quinoa, chickpeas, chopped sun dried tomatoes & parsley. Dress it up with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper. I did not measure any of the ingredients, so don't worry! just mix, add, and taste until you are satisfied with the result.
June 19, 2014
2 pounds fresh cherry tomatoes
8 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella cut in 1/4" pieces
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Cup fresh chopped basil leaves
3 garlic cloves minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill a pot for the pasta with about 6 quarts of water, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half. Put the tomatoes in the serving bowl you’ll be serving the pasta in.
3. Add about 2 tablespoons salt to the boiling pasta water, put in the spaghetti, and stir until all the strands are submerged. Cook until al dente.
4. While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, and basil to the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper.
5. When the pasta is done, drain well, and toss it with the ingredients in the serving bowl. Cover the bowl and let stand for about a minute to allow the cheese to melt a bit. Uncover the bowl, toss one last time, and serve.
June 12, 2014
This is the easiest and most delicious way to
eat green mangoes.
I used 1 green mango, half of a red onion, juice of 1 lemon, 1 Tbsp. orange juice, a small bunch of cilantro, one celery stalk, salt and olive oil to taste.
Just mix everything in a bowl and let it rest for 10 minutes.